For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Facing Adversity

Adversity is the diamond dust that heaven polishes its jewels with. ~ Leighton

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner. ~ Anonymous

The storm also beats on the house that is built on the rock. ~Anonymous

Don't ask for a light load, but rather ask for a strong back. ~ Anonymous



The Anchor Holds
Performed by Ray Boltz

I have journeyed through the long, dark night
Out on the open sea,
By faith alone, sight unknown,
And yet His eyes were watching me.

Chorus:
The Anchor holds, though the ship is battered.
The Anchor holds, though the sails are torn.
Well I have fallen on my knees,
as I faced the raging sea,

But the Anchor holds, in spite of the storm.
I've had visions and I've had dreams;
Well I've even held them in my hands,
But I never knew those dreams could slip right through
Like they were only grains of sand.

Chorus:
Now I have been young, but I am older now.
O and there has been beauty these eyes have seen;
But it was in the night, when I faced the storms of my life.
Oh, that's where God proved His love to me.

Chorus:

"I can do all things through Christ which strentheneth me."
I Philippians 4:13

No comments:

Post a Comment