For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Another Memory...Another Moment To Live, Love and Laugh

I am all about making and preserving memories.  If my friends or family are doing something special I am always quick to tell them to take a lot of pictures and to make some precious memories.  I am probably the memory keeper for my family.  I am usually the one taking more pictures than you can ever imagine.  I have also kept a diary since I was a little girl and with the evolution of technology I am now able to share some my special moments with others.

Friday I called my sister to see if she wanted to have lunch and do some shopping.  She has three children and only the middle child was with her.  Marcus just turned 18 July 29th.  While at soccer camp last week he broke and/or fractured his foot and ankle in five different places so he was bummed out because he was in an aircast and had to stay off his feet.  He told me if I came by to get them he would treat me to lunch.

We started our day at Harbor Inn.  I don't eat seafood but they have really good salads and I love their ranch dressing.  Then we did some shopping and my sister bought me some ceramic signs/plaques for my doll/music room.

Marcus wanted to stay the night and I told him he could but he would have to go home early in the morning because I was going to Atlanta.  He was okay with that because since Jonathan and Katie weren't home he decided he would hang out with me.  We went to see the movie "Battleship," which was really good but I had no idea it was a sci-fi movie.  Then we came home and baked brownies because that is what Marcus said he would eat for breakfast.

Saturday morning came too quick.  5, 6, 7, and 8:00 don't come twice in my day on Saturday and Sundays but yesterday it did.  Luckily for me Marcus isn't a difficult person to wake up.  We were at his house by 6:30 and I was on the way to Atlanta by 7 to meet up with Raegan and Brandon.

They had moved to Miami earlier this summer but Brandon had some business to take care of and keeping with tradition Raegan accompanied him so that she and I could spend a day shopping and having fun!  Our annual trip has us hanging out at Underground Atlanta, Lenox Square and Neiman Marcus.  If  you haven't done this it's an experience of a lifetime.  Lenox Square is Atlanta's oldest and largest shopping mall and is home to Neiman Marcus.  I don't do much shopping but I love spending time with friends and now that Raegan has moved I will take what time I can.

Raegan and I had the time of our lives.  We had a nice lunch at the Neiman Marcus Cafe and I was able to pick up a few things for Christmas.   After Neiman Marcus we headed to Phipps Plaza becauseRaegan wanted to shop at Lord and Taylor and Saks Fifth Avenue.  We went to Tiffany's because I just wanted to say I had been.   We made a day of it.  Raegan said we were the "Uptown girls shopping in an underground world."  And for posterity sake we visited the Gateway To The Olympics park, home of the '96 Olympics, which I was fortunate enough to attend.

Raegan and I didn't set out to spend a lot of money although we did get quite a bit accomplished.  It was two friends hanging out and having fun...recapturing some the moments that we shared during 18 years of friendship.  We took a stroll down memory lane and laughed about so many things and we shed a few tears with those memories.  Brandon met up with us for dinner and of course, he chose Planet Hollywood.  He makes it a point to visit the restaurant every time he's in Atlanta so off we went to relive some Hollywood moments.

Atlanta is about 3 1/2 hours from my home but well worth it and when you have a little speed demon driving she tends to get there quicker!  It was a long day but well worth it.  I hadn't seen Raegan since she moved to Miami and I don't know when I will see her again so I took advantage of the time we were given.  I probably spent way too much money and I definitely ate way too much but do I have regrets?  No!  Because this isn't a regular thing for me and I knew it was one of those moments in time that doesn't come around that often.

You know that's how it is with the Christian faith.  God doesn't promise you tomorrow.  You may live for another 50 years or God may call you home while you sleep this week.  Don't put off for tomorrow what you can do today.  Make every moment count.  Like the Romans say, "Carpe diem...seize the day!"  Is there someone you need to call, someone you need to share the gospel with, a friend or family member you need to contact and make things right?  Do the people you surround yourself with know that you love them?  Never miss an opportunity to tell someone thanks or I love you because it may be your last.  I'm only affectionate with a handful of people but whenever we are together I will hug them and tell them I love them.

This weekend will go down in my journal as a special time spent with family and friends and I will be forever grateful to the Lord for giving me those opportunities.  I hope that each and every one of you get to make some special memories this week and if you want, come back and share them with me!

Take care and God bless!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete